How to make the most out of government rebates before the year ends.The Ultimate guide on maxing out on the avaliable rebates before the year ends.
It's that time of year again! As we approach the end of the calendar year, many of us are thinking about what we can do to improve our homes. For some, that may mean making energy-efficiency upgrades. And there's no better time to do it than now, because there are plenty of rebates and grants available to help offset the cost.
Looking to make your home more energy efficient but don't know where to start? A deep energy retrofit can also make your home more comfortable to live in by improving its thermal performance. In addition, upgrading the energy efficiency of your home can increase its resale value. And finally, by reducing your energy consumption, you'll be doing your part to help reduce Canada's GreenHouse Gas emissions.
Canada has a number of government grants and rebates available to help homeowners reduce their energy consumption and save money on their energy bills. In this comprehensive guide, we will outline all the different programs available and tell you how you can apply for them. So whether you're looking to install new insulation, upgrade your windows or buy a new heating system, there's likely a rebate available!
Why Year-end is perfect for planning your upgrade.
The end of the year is the perfect time to start planning your home energy upgrade. By taking advantage of available rebates, you can save money on the cost of upgrading your home's energy efficiency. The benefits are but not limited to:
- Energy advisors availability As the year-end approaches, Energy Advisors tend to have more time for appointments than in the summer months. If in the peak season wait times can be more than a month, now next-day appointments are sometimes possible.
- Since there is more time to plan before the construction season starts, you will have much more opportunity to explore and pick a contractor, hardware to upgrade, etc. that you are happy with.
So don't wait any longer, start planning your home energy retrofit today! Here is the summary of available rebates.
The Canada Greener Homes Grant offers a rebate of up to $5,600 for energy-saving home renovations. To be eligible, your home must be your primary residence and you must complete at least two of the following energy-saving upgrades:
- Installations of qualified ENERGY STAR® windows, doors, or skylights
- Installation of qualified solar panels or a solar water heater
- Installation of an eligible energy-efficient heating system, such as a ground source heat pump
- Upgrades to insulation, air sealing, or duct sealing
If you're thinking of making energy efficiency improvements in your home, Canada's government offers a number of grants and rebates to help offset the cost. To learn more about the available programs and how to apply for them, complete your Properate Wizard report today. We offer free consultations to help you assess your needs and develop a plan that will make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.