Properate at Penticton Home and Reno Show 2022: A reflection, an introduction and next steps
On April 2nd and 3rd, 2022, Properate team showcased the new services that are soon to be available for homeowners and residents in the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS).
Properate team showcased the new home energy efficiency map available for the Regional District and provided instantaneous customized home energy efficiency and upgrade planning reports to the booth visitors. We welcomed over 400 visitors to our booth and provided over 150 reports to homeowners. Our interactive maps (see below) saw a lot of interest from visitors with some curious minds that wanted to know more. In this blog we address a few of the questions we received from our visitors.
In partnership with Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), Properate services (including home energy efficiency maps tool) are becoming available for homeowners in the area completely for free. Our services in the RDOS are in the beta phase as we continue to prepare our technology for our official launch in the region over the next months.
Properate is a BC company. We help homeowners, construction professionals, municipalities and decision makers build more energy efficient homes that allow homeowners to reduce their energy bills and decision makers to direct their “energy” to the right audience. Our philosophy is customization at scale. Each house is different and has different needs so how do we provide customized solutions at a community level?
The answer is Properate.
With our tools, we tell homeowners what is their approximate home energy efficiency score, where the issue is, what the upgrade recommendations for such issues are and rebates available for them. For decision makers, we help them design programs and direct their efforts to the right communities.
Reducing a months-long process into a 5-minute estimate is not an easy task. It took us years of building science and data science research. We have conducted blind studies to compare our virtual energy efficiency score versus on-site assessment to verify our processes. Properate is a solid first step to empower homeowners and residents to understand their homes, and the financial incentives available for them. A first step that a lot of homeowners were previously not able to take due to the existing unknowns and data gaps. Through our work with industry partners below, we continue to improve our technologies to bridge the existing market gaps.
Why the RDOS and Properate partnership?
The RDOS is launching a pilot project with Properate.io. The official launch is in the next few months. The goal of the project is to help improve local climate action through energy efficiency in homes. Properate provides a home energy evaluation and home upgrade reports for RDOS residents.
This online tool can help you make the right decisions – in order of your personal priorities – and provides additional tools when talking with contracts, starting your own projects or seeking to make a difference to your carbon footprint.
How do I use it?
1- Visit Properate.io and enter your home address
2- Get your free preliminary energy report in just 5 minutes
3- Book a consultation to go through your report with a Properate expert.
- Home energy evaluation: Visit properate.io to get a free energy evaluation report of your home. The initial remote assessment will help you identify your home performance.
- Upgrade planning: There is no straightforward way to home upgrade. The home works as a system. Properate optimizes your home upgrade planning to maximize the rebates,
- Your greener neighborhood: Properate promotes greener communities. You and your neighbors can now sign up on Properate to apply for group rebates which give you top-up rebates towards your renovation
- Consultation: Not sure where to start making your home more sustainable and efficient? Sign up for a free consultation.
- Less cost, more energy efficiency: Don’t rely on guesses and random advice. Find your best upgrade with the latest building science and energy modeling
After receiving your home energy efficiency report, there are multiple options available for you
- Book a free Properate consultation to go through the report. By fully understanding your upgrade recommendations and costing, you will be better informed to contact a builder or contractor
- Book an energy advisor to perform Energuide evaluation. Energy advisors are certified government professionals who perform Energuide evaluation for your home, on-site. A pre-upgrade and post-upgrade Energuide evaluation is important to be eligible for some home upgrade rebates. The Canada Greener Homes Grant provides funds to cover the fees of energy advisors. To find an energy advisor in your area, feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Re-visit the report at your own time. Save the report for later when you are ready for a deep energy retrofit. If you undergo renovations, you will need to resubmit your Properate Wizard answers to receive an updated customized report. To do that, visit properate.io and enter your home address to receive your updated report
At last, we are grateful for the community support and we welcome any feedback. Feel free to contact as at email@example.com or over the phone (888) 902 3332
Noura Seifelnasr | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 (604) 774-3199